Lookman and five other Super Eagles players with a point to prove in return leg v Guinea-BissauPublished: March 26, 2023
Nigerians were left frustrated as the Super Eagles lost to Guinea-Bissau on Friday evening at the Moshood Abiola stadium in Abuja.
There is no gain in saying that most of the players disappointed the fans and they would be looking to redeem themselves when they square up against the Djurtus on Monday at the Estádio Nacional 24 de Setembro in Bissau.
Below are 6 players that have the most point to prove going into Monday's encounter
1. Calvin Bassey: The Ajax Amsterdam defender looked surprisingly match-rusty on Friday evening and he was always out of place whenever the Djurtus attacked particularly in the first half.
He must redeem himself on Monday and show why he should be trusted for future games.
2. Zaidu Sanusi: The Porto left-back had a nightmare of performance in the first leg, he offered nothing offensively and defensively. With a viable option like Bruno Onyemaechi available, Sanusi has to step up in Guinea-Bissau
3.Samuel Chukwueze; While he looked lively throughout the encounter, his end product was largely disappointing. The Villarreal defender has to show that he has a role to play in the Super Eagles against the Djurtus.
4. Ademola Lookman: Though he wasn't played in his favourite position as the second striker, he was largely ineffective and that explains why he got substituted after the first 45 minutes.
Whether he starts or comes off from the bench, the Atalanta striker must prove that he is a valuable member of the squad.
5. Moses Simon: The Nantes forward came on a second-half substitute and could not influence the scoreline.
He got one of Nigeria's best chances in the game but he could not hit the target. Simon must be at his best on Monday and silence his critics.
6. Kelechi Iheanacho: The Leicester City striker was taken off at the end of the first half in Friday's encounter as he failed to muster a shot during his time on the pitch. Iheanacho must redeem himself if given the chance by Peseiro
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- L'Equipe indicates Super Eagles vice-captain is surplus to requirements at Nantes
- Victor Boniface yet to start negotiations with any team amid Eintracht Frankfurt, Leipzig links
- 'Many lies were told' - Italian pundit claims Osimhen was not sincere about his Napoli future
- Brentford, Leicester stars named in Super Eagles expanded squad for 2023 AFCONQ
- Central defender of African descent returns to Chelsea
- Opposition watch: Canada include Arsenal, Chelsea, Man Utd stars in provisional WWC squad
- Super Eagles striker linked with departure from Southampton, drawing interest from 3 clubs
- Ujah, top agent, Cute Abiola to grace Awoniyi's sponsored 'Never Stop Dreaming Cup' final
- Official: Promising Nigerian midfielder signs new contract with Sparta Prague
- Former Watford scout urges Man Utd to sign Osimhen if Kane slips out of their hands
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football