Flying Eagles striker Lawal and young Nigerian holding midfielder heading to IstraPublished: June 22, 2023
Flying Eagles striker Salim Fago Lawal and another young Nigerian player should become new players of Croatian SuperSport HNL club NK Istra 1961 ahead of next season.
According to the online edition of Croatian daily sports newspaper Sportske novosti, NK Istra 1961 are preparing to welcome two young Nigerian players.
One of them is 2003-born center forward Salim Fago Lawal, a key member of Nigeria's squad to the 2023 Fifa U20 World Cup.
Of the five matches played by the Flying Eagles during the tournament in Argentina, Lawal started all and got on the score sheet with a header in a 2-0 win over Italy.
The Mavlon FC star has been described as a physical striker with pace and good aerial presence.
The Croatian newspaper has not revealed the identity of the second Nigerian player heading to Istra because he is a minor, but added that he will turn 18 in a few days time and plays as number 6 or holding midfielder.
According to the scouting report on the midfielder, he is tall and technically solid.
NK Istra 1961 have earmarked Lawal as a possible replacement for former Algeria U21 striker Monsef Bakrar, who has been linked with a move to Croatian champions Dinamo.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Peseiro's pre-match wish on Lookman comes true: Atalanta striker fires brace in 3-2 win against AC Milan
- FA Youth Cup: Nwaneri scores five goals to inspire Arsenal to 7-1 win against Crewe Alexandra
- Super Eagles watch: Ninth goal involvement for Ndidi; Dessers powerful strike; Ejuke gets his groove back
- 'It looks very nasty' - Michael Owen insists Onyeka was lucky to escape red card against Sheffield United
- 'My parents are proud Nigerians' - Premier League's fastest player reveals he considered playing for Super Eagles
- 'Declan Rice, Grealish chose England over Ireland' - Pundit on the international future of Arsenal striker Obi-Martin
- 'We have Adeleye, Ojo, Sochima' - Peseiro's sidekick urges Super Eagles coach to give chances to invitees
- 'I had an opportunity to get a hat-trick' - Iwobi admits he wanted to stay on against Nottingham Forest
- Nigerian tactician Hassan Sulaiman leads Chelsea into fourth round of FA Youth Cup
- 'Martial is a waste of space' - Ex-Chelsea star urges Man Utd to sign Boniface when 25 percent stake is sold
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football