Ex-Super Eagles LB Udeze Lauds German-Based Jamilu Collins, Reveals Roberto Carlos InfluencePublished: October 17, 2018
Former Super Eagles left back Ifeanyi Udeze has heaped plaudits on Paderborn of Germany's Jamilu Collins for his outstanding performances in Nigeria's 2019 Africa Cup of Nations qualifiers against Libya.
The new kid on the block was in action in the double headers and Udeze who was in Nigeria's team to the 2002 and 2004 Africa Cup of Nations finals in Mali and Tunisia respectively spoke on Brila FM on Wednesday on his opinion about Collins's value to the team.
"I want to see how Collins contributes joining the attack. His recovery rate when the team lose the ball is good because that's what I look out for," Udeze said.
"I will give him a 7/10 for his performances against Libya. He has a lot of potential but has not showed all his qualities because he is still new in the team so has to build his confidence. Its not easy to wear the green and white jerseys of the Nigerian national team.
"Collins's role model, according to him, is Real Madrid and Brazil's Marcelo. People say the present players need to watch our videos, former Super Eagles left backs like Celestine Babayaro, Ben Iroha and myself but that's the present player he is watching. Roberto Carlos was my own role model during my playing days.
On the areas that the young left back needs to improve upon, the onetime West Brom of England and Greece's PAOK defender noted:
"The way you play for your club is different from the national team. He needs to work on his speed and tackling, they are very key."
Barring any injury Collins is expected to be part of the Super Eagles to face South Africa in November.
Football News 24/7
- Man Utd, Liverpool, Man City, Aston Villa Run The Rule Over Chelsea, Spurs Starlets Of Nigerian Descent
- Photo Confirmation : Ex-Falkenberg Star Egbuchulam Completes Move To Suwon FC Worth N432M
- Chelsea Have A Big Decision To Make As Nigerian Defender's Stock Continues To Rise
- Official : US Alessandria Recall Akammadu From Loan Spell At Tranmere Rovers
- Real Madrid Attacking Midfielder Eligible For Nigeria Makes Debut For Spain
- Cesc Fabregas Confirms Ex-Super Eagles Star Convinced Him To Join Monaco
- Why Watford Super Kid Dubbed The New Eden Hazard Left Nigeria U20 Camp
- Harry Kane Injury : Why Watford's Isaac Success Could Be A Good Fit For Tottenham Hotspur
- Aston Villa's Dutch-Nigerian Starlet Too Hot For Reading To Handle In FA Youth Cup
- Nigerian Striker Not Going Back To Chelsea As Wolves Miss Out On Signature
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Brazil 2014 World Cup
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football