Ahmed Musa On Super Eagles Winner Vs Libya: I Expected Ighalo To Return The PassPublished: October 18, 2018
Super Eagles captain in their last three Africa Cup of Nations qualifiers, Ahmed Musa, has said that one of the two options for Odion Ighalo was to return the pass back to him or attempt to score in the moments leading up to the winning goal scored by the three-time African champions against Libya on Tuesday evening.
With nine minutes to go, Ighalo scored his fifth goal against the Mediterranean Knights in the space of three days when he produced a sublime finish after slicing past two defenders.
Speaking to Channels Television Sports from Jos , Nigeria on Wednesday night, Musa said : ''For me, I think I wasn't expecting the goal, but when I saw the pass I gave to him, I knew either he gives the ball back to me or he scores.''
Musa's pal and international teammate Abdullahi Shehu was omitted from the Super Eagles traveling party to Tunisia after picking up an injury last Saturday in Uyo but the former Leicester City striker has brought positive news on the health of the Bursaspor defender.
''I spoke with him on the phone this afternoon, I think he will be out for just ten days, and then hopefully by next week he will be back,'' added Musa.
Ighalo and Musa are Nigeria's leading marksmen in Africa Cup of Nations qualifying with six and two goals respectively.
Football News 24/7
- Rohr : Super Eagles Could Face Morocco In Pre-Africa Cup Of Nations Friendly
- Why Serie A Will Be A Good Move For Ex-Barcelona Wonderkid Adekanye
- Oshoala Receives Medical Green Light : Super Falcon Stars In Barcelona Win Vs Bayern
- Arsenal Boss Explains Motive Behind Introducing Iwobi After Half-Time Vs Crystal Palace
- Crystal Palace Boss On Arsenal Team Selection : I Don't Regard Maitland-Niles, Iwobi As Back-up Players
- Golden Eaglets Face Guinea Who Are Being Investigated By CAF For Allegedly Falsifying Passports
- Ighalo Extends Scoring Run To Five Games & Could Equal Record Set At Watford Next Weekend
- Manchester United In Tanzania To Watch Golden Eaglets Stars, Africa's Hottest Young Prospects
- Uganda Coach Gives Three Reasons Why Golden Eaglets Will Go On And Win U17 AFCON
- UEL: Villarreal's Chukwueze Outshines Chelsea Superstar Hazard, Arsenal's Aubameyang In Two key Stats
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Brazil 2014 World Cup
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football