No Full Debut For U17 World Cup-Winning Strikers Victor Osimhen, Samuel ChukwuezePublished: November 16, 2018
Allnigeriasoccer.com understands that 2015 U17 World Cup-winning strikers, Wolfsburg loanee Victor Osimhen and Villarreal's Samuel Chukwueze, are unlikely to make their full debut for the Super Eagles when they take on South Africa in an Africa Cup of Nations qualifying match.
Osimhen made his international debut off the bench in a 3-0 win against Togo on June 1, 2017, before earning his second cap nine days later against South Africa after coming off the bench in the 85th minute.
As for Chukwueze, the former Golden Eaglets and Flying Eagles sensation was handed a maiden call-up to the senior national team for the match against South Africa.
Though the two youngsters held their own in the training sessions, Super Eagles manager Gernot Rohr has decided that they will watch the game kickoff from the sidelines.
If the Super Eagles final training session on Friday afternoon is anything to go by, the German has handed striking roles to Leicester City's Kelechi Iheanacho and skipper Ahmed Musa.
Rohr was forced to tweak his formation after his leading scorer in the AFCONQ, Odion Ighalo suffered a hamstring injury ahead of the match day five fixture.
Photo Credit : thenff.com
Football News 24/7
- Nigeria U23 Coach Amapakabo In Touch With German-Born Fortuna Dusseldorf Goalkeeper
- Billing Is Huddersfield's Lowest Earning Player Per Minute Played In Premier League
- Rohr Receives Good News From Saudi Arabia Regarding Availability Of Ahmed Musa For AFCONQ
- 'African Zidane' Mikel Named In Championship Team of The Week
- Ex-West Ham Striker Obinna Training With Potenza Ahead Of Potential Transfer
- Swedish-Based Nigerian Midfielder Ruled Out Of Chelsea Vs Malmo Europa League Clash
- Reading Record Buy Aluko Set To Pen Deal With Chinese Club Beijing Renhe
- Guardiola's Brilliant Response To Nigerian Critics For Not Winning UCL Without Messi & Co
- Odemwingie Reveals 70% Of African Players Believe Juju Men More Important Than Doctors, Nigerian Juju Man Treated Broken Arm
- Jordan Aina, Uwakwe, Anjorin Absent As Chelsea Advance To UYL Last Sixteen
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Brazil 2014 World Cup
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football