Rohr Reveals What Bordeaux's Super Eagles Duo Must Do To Reach Their Highest LevelPublished: January 27, 2020
Nigeria manager Gernot Rohr has given tips to Bordeaux pair Samuel Kalu and Josh Maja on how to reach their highest potential.
The two players, who are under the age of 23, have been advised to work hard in training and build up their self confidence.
Maja struggled to adapt to the French Ligue 1 in the second half of last season after arriving from third-tier Sunderland in England, but has been one of the shining lights for Bordeaux this season, having a hand in 10 goals (7 goals, 3 assists) in 19 matches across all competitions.
As for Kalu, he is no longer in the good books of manager Paulo Sousa so much so that he is being linked with a departure from the club before the close of the January transfer window.
In quotes carried by girondins33.com citing RIG, 90.7 FM, Rohr said when asked what the two players are missing to reach their highest level : " I would say work and confidence . Work is training, everyday life, but of course matches too. Confidence in themselves is important, but also the confidence of the staff.
"When a player feels that a coach appreciates him, that he wants to help him, that he counts on him, etc, it gives him a boost.
"For young players who are a little bit sensitive, mentally fragile, it is very important to have this feeling.
"I hope they have it in the Girondins, they need it. The competition is tough, of course, but these players are the future and it's worth it."
Football News 24/7
- 'Giggs, Bergkamp, Scholes Used To Give Those Passes' - Van Persie Compares Saka To Man Utd, Arsenal Legends
- 'They Scored A Goal We Shouldn't Concede' - Man Utd Star On Dennis' First Half Strike
- (Photo Confirmation) Arsenal's Nigerian Wonderkid Joins Scottish Giants Rangers
- Leicester City Provide Ndidi Injury Update That Will Worry Super Eagles Fans, Rohr
- Manchester United Name Super Eagles Striker As One Of The Three Key Players In Club Brugge Team
- NPFL Club Heartland Slapped With A Two-Window Transfer Ban By LMC
- Nigeria U23 Star Scores First Competitive Goal Of Thierry Henry's Reign As Montreal Impact Coach
- 'I Have Grown Up Playing On The Left Or No 10'- Iwobi On Ancelotti's Tactical Genius
- Super Eagles Still Among Top Three Teams In Africa In New FIFA Rankings
- Arsenal Face Losing Exciting Teenager Saka If They Fail To Qualify For European Competition
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football