Man City beat Tottenham and Nottingham Forest to the services of 18yo Nigerian midfielderPublished: June 17, 2023
Allnigeriasoccer.com can exclusively report with certainty that European champions Manchester City have beaten Tottenham Hotspur and Nottingham Forest in the race to sign history-making English-born Nigerian midfielder Sam Tinubu.
Tinubu became the youngest-ever player to represent Stevenage in the Football League when the academy product made his senior debut against Oldham Athletic on October 16, 2021 at the age of 17 years and 18 days.
The left-footed central midfielder, who can also play as a center back, has agreed terms to join Premier League giants Manchester City after winding down his contract at newly promoted League One club Stevenage.
However, Stevenage would be due compensation from the Citizens as Tinubu is under the age of 24 and was offered a three-year deal to extend his stay at the Lamex Stadium, but he turned down the offer.
The 18-year-old will formalize his transfer to Manchester City by putting pen to paper on a contract when he comes back from holiday.
Tottenham Hotspur were earlier in pole position to sign Tinubu but were caught off guard by Manchester City.
Stevenage were demanding 300, 000 pounds plus performance-related add-ons from Tottenham Hotspur back in February but the north London club thought they could sign him on cheaper terms at the end of the season and that indecision allowed Manchester City to steal a march.
Tinubu was at Nottingham Forest for transfer talks but the two-time European champions did not agree a fee with Stevenage.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Iheanacho scores another penalty for table-topping Leicester; Montpellier's Adams at the double
- Super Eagles forwards Moses Simon, Terem Moffi crack Ligue 1 Team of the Month
- 'The love for the badge is unwavering'- Osimhen insists he's committed to Napoli amid Chelsea, Man Utd links
- Quick and direct winger signs new contract with Chelsea
- Nottingham Forest fullback joins Super Eagles walking wounded ahead of Saudi Arabia friendly
- A bridge too far: Boniface unsuccessful in attempt to match Helmes feat but helps Bayer set new record
- Put me on the bench: Akpom tells Ajax coach he's unhappy playing as a No. 10 or winger
- 'Wasn't even a foul' - Ex-Liverpool fullback claims Tottenham star Udogie didn't deserve to be booked
- 'If he leaves in 6 months he will regret' - Ex-Napoli striker criticises Osimhen for not celebrating his goals
- 'I don't follow history' - Southampton loanee Onuachu admits he had no idea he set a record
- Football Betting
- Cakhia TV truc tiep
- Socolive TV truc tiep bong da
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football